46 Must See Stunning Portraits Of The World’s Remotest Tribes Before They Pass Away
Living in a concrete box with hot water pouring from the tap, a refrigerator cooling our food and wi-fi connecting us to the rest of the world, we can barely imagine a day in a life of, say, Tsaatan people. They move 5 to 10 times per year, building huts when the temperature is -40 and herding reindeer for transportation, clothing and food. “Before They Pass Away,” a long-term project by photographer Jimmy Nelson, gives us the unique opportunity to discover more than 30 secluded and slowly vanishing tribes from all over the world.
Spending 2 weeks in each tribe, Jimmy became acquainted with their time-honoured traditions, joined their rituals and captured it all in a very appealing way. His detailed photographs showcase unique jewellery, hairstyles and clothing, not to forget the surroundings and cultural elements most important to each tribe, like horses for Gauchos. According to Nelson, his mission was to assure that the world never forgets how things used to be: “Most importantly, I wanted to create an ambitious aesthetic photographic document that would stand the test of time. A body of work that would be an irreplaceable ethnographic record of a fast disappearing world.”
All of his snapshots now lie in a massive book and will be extended by a film (you can see a short introduction video below). So embark on a journey to the most remote corners and meet the witnesses of a disappearing world. Would you give up your smartphone, internet and TV to live free like them?
Huli, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
Asaro, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
Kalam, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
Goroka, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
Maori, New Zealand
Vanuatu, Vanuatu Islands
Dani, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
Sources: Beforethey.com & Bored Panda
- Stunning Photographs Of The World's Last Indigenous Tribes
- These 22 People From Around The World Will Leave You Speechless
- 28 Realistically Colorized Historical Photos Make the Past Seem Incredibly Alive
- 20+ Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 52 Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever
- 46 Unbelievable Photos That Will Shock You
- 40 Must-See Photos From The Past
- 40 Animals You May Not Have Known Existed
- Workspaces Of Some Of The Greatest Artists Of The World (38 Pictures)
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 25 Photos Of People Who Will Inspire You
- 24 Rare Historical Photos That Will Leave You Speechless
- Unbelievable...These 23 Mind Blowing Facts Will DESTROY Your Understanding Of Time
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- 18 Pictures of Shaolin Monks Training
- 16 Children & Their Bedrooms From Around the World…
- Rarest Historical Photos, That you can Never Forget.
- The 10 Most Famous Personalities Of The Last 6,000 Years
- The man who stopped World War III
- Which dictator killed the most People?
46 Must See Stunning Portraits Of The World’s Remotest Tribes Before They Pass Away Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:07 PM Rating: