Last four couples standing in a Chicago dance marathon. ca. 1930.
Three Princeton students pose after a boxing match. 1893. Princeton, NJ.
"Get the hell ot of my race and give me those numbers." After realizing a woman was running Boston marathon organizer Jock Semple went after Kathrine Switzer. Other runners blocked him and she went on to finish the race. 1967.
The only known photograph of an African American Union soldier with his family. c1863-65
Russian peasants getting electricity for the first time in 1920
Cow shoes used by Moonshiners in the Prohibition days to disguise their footprints, 1922
"The Long Walk" British Army EOD Tech approaches a suspect device
Tereska, a child in a residence for disturbed children, grew up in a concentration camp. She drew a picture of "home" on the blackboard, Poland, 1948
A Native American looks down at a newly-completed section of the transcontinental railroad. Nevada, about 1868
Microsoft staff photo from December 7, 1978
Jewish refugees, approaching allied soldiers, become aware that they have just been liberated, April, 1945
New York man reads a newspaper, headline reads "Nazi Army Now 75 Miles From Paris." May 18, 1940
Gay pride, 1970. USA
Three archers, Japan, ca.1860-1900
The earliest known photograph of men drinking beer. Edinburgh Ale, 1844
Alerted by the smell of a broken bottle of liquor, Federal Agents inspect a "lumber truck". Los Angeles, 1926
Martin Luther King Jr removing a burned cross from his front yard with his son at his side. Atlanta Ga 1960
The Earliest Known Photo of Abraham Lincoln. c. 1840
A Japanese family returning home (Seattle, Washington) from a relocation center camp in Hunt, Idaho on May 10, 1945
9 kings featured in one photo (Windsor Castle, 20 May 1910)
Louis Armstrong plays for his wife in front of the Sphinx by the pyramids in Giza, 1961
The headquarters of Benito Mussolini and the Italian Fascist party in Italy, 1934
The Kennedy trio in the mid 30s as teenagers; John, Bobby and Teddy
The first official riders in New York City’s first subway, 1904
The "Mingun Bell" (Myanmar - 1873)
- You Need To See These 40 Unbelievable Historical Photos
- 28 Realistically Colorized Historical Photos Make the Past Seem Incredibly Alive
- 20+ Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 52 Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever
- 46 Unbelievable Photos That Will Shock You
- 40 Must-See Photos From The Past
- 40 Animals You May Not Have Known Existed
- Workspaces Of Some Of The Greatest Artists Of The World (38 Pictures)
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 25 Photos Of People Who Will Inspire You
- 24 Rare Historical Photos That Will Leave You Speechless
- Unbelievable...These 23 Mind Blowing Facts Will DESTROY Your Understanding Of Time
- Stunning Photographs Of The World's Last Indigenous Tribes
- These 22 People From Around The World Will Leave You Speechless
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- 18 Pictures of Shaolin Monks Training
- 16 Children & Their Bedrooms From Around the World…
- Rarest Historical Photos, That you can Never Forget.
- The 10 Most Famous Personalities Of The Last 6,000 Years
- The man who stopped World War III
- Which dictator killed the most People?