Someone Asked The Dalai Lama What Surprises Him Most, His Response Was Mind Altering
You could say that the Dalai Lama is a pretty interesting guy, after all his stance on extra terrestrial life is quite interesting. During an interview the Dalai Lama was asked what surprises him the most, his response was quite mind altering.
“Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Pretty striking and powerful stuff if you really take it in. Sure, it’s easy to read this quote and move onto another page or video or whatever we may be doing, but if you truly take the time to let this reverberate in your conscious mind for a few minutes, the true meaning and profoundness of what he’s saying will kick in.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Everything Is Backwards On Earth!
We do so many things backwards here. We go about our lives in such a destructive manner on so many levels, only to use money to fix it. In order to get that money we have to work most of our days at jobs we for the most part don’t like -which of course is not good for your health to begin with. We do all this while thinking of all the toys we can buy with the money or saving for retirement that we may never make it to. It appears as though we live to work more than anything else here. In a sense we are like slaves only we don’t know it.
The Dalai Lama’s quote and what it inspires within me reminds me of one of my favorite quotes that I feel sums up how we do things here in such a beautiful way.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael EllnerThis may be very obvious to you or it may come as a surprise to you and you might think, what do you mean? None of those things are true. To that I would respond, look around, truly look at how each one of the things mentioned in that quote operate and you will notice very quickly the shear truth that exists within those words.
I came across this Dalai Lama quote a little while back but I decided to do some back checking to find out where this quote came from to make sure it was legit. What I was able to find was that it is likely the Dalai Lama that said this, but that the exact words/translation might be slightly different given his lack of a fluent English vocabulary.
Either way, whether he said it or not, this is a great message for us to take five minutes to think about. After all, it may make us look at a few things in our lives differently.
Source: Collective Evolution
- 18 Rules Of Living By The Dalai Lama
- 10 Pieces Of Wisdom & Quotes From Native American Elders
- 7 Great Personalities Who Didn't Go To School But Changed The World
- The 10 Most Famous Personalities Of The Last 6,000 Years
- 12 Life Lessons from Jesus That Everyone Should Read Before They Die
- Socrates: The Test Of Three
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- This Animation Will Explain To You Plato's Philosophy In Almost 3 Minutes
- The Key To Happiness, According To 3 Greek Philosophers
- 8 Great Philosophical Questions That We’ll Never Solve
- 25 Life Changing Lessons To Learn From Rumi
- 25 Lessons From Khalil Gibran That Can Totally Transform Your Life
- One Buddha Teaching That Will Tell You More About Yourself Than Anything Else
- 25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Buddha
- 25 Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- This Explains Why Einstein's Brain Was Special
- Gandhi’s 10 Fundamentals: How To Change The World
- Mark Twain’s Top 9 Tips For Living A Kick-Ass Life
- The Wisdom of Bruce Lee: 25 Quotes on Mastery, Martial Arts & Consciousness
- The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World
- 10 Unbelievable Facts You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s 6 Ingenious Inventions
- Train Your Brain To Let Go Of Habits – 10 Methods For Creating New Neural Pathways
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- John Lennon's "Imagine", made into a beautiful comic.
Someone Asked The Dalai Lama What Surprises Him Most, His Response Was Mind Altering Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 6:04 PM Rating: