25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Paulo Coelho
“Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.” ~ Paulo Coelho
I read my first personal development book in 2007 and that book also happened to be the first book I ever read in English, up until that moment. And then, in 2008, something amazing happened, I found The Alchemist and that’s when I fell in love with Paulo Coelho’s work.
Today I would like to share with you 25 beautiful Life Changing Lessons to learn from this amazing man, Paulo Coelho.
1. When you want something, the whole universe conspires to make it happen.
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
2. Detach from all things and you will be free.
“When I had nothing to lose, I had everything.”
“Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.”
3. We are all here for a purpose.
“No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.”
“Everybody has a creative potential and from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world.”
4. The only thing standing between you and your dream are your fears.
“Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.”
“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.”
5. Mistakes are part of life.
“Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”
“When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.”
6. Really important meetings are planned by the souls long before the bodies meet.
“Really important meetings are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other. Generally speaking, these meetings occur when we reach a limit, when we need to die and be reborn emotionally. These meetings are waiting for us, but more often than not, we avoid them happening. If we are desperate, though, if we have nothing to lose, or if we are full of enthusiasm for life, then the unknown reveals itself, and our universe changes direction.”
“We can also allow our Soulmate to pass us by, without accepting him or her, or even noticing. Then we will need another incarnation in order to find that Soulmate. And because of our selfishness, we will be condemned to the worst torture humankind ever invented for itself: loneliness.”
7. Every experience, either good or bad, comes with a lesson.
“There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.”
8. Do not seek for love outside of you.
“Love is not to be found in someone else but in ourselves; we simply awaken it. But in order to do that, we need the other person.”
9. When you change, the whole world changes with you.
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
10. No reason is needed for loving.
“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
11. Mind your own business.
“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
12. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.
“When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.”
“No one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it.”
13. Love is an untamed force.
“Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.”
14. Wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
“Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”
15. Judge not.
“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.”
16. Children have valuable lessons to teach you.
“A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.”
17. Appreciate the contrast of life.
“Never be ashamed,’ he said. ‘Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.’ ‘How will I know which is which?’ ‘By the taste. You can only know a good wine if you have first tasted a bad one.”
18. Nobody’s responsible for how you feel or don’t feel.
“In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel.”
19. Your beliefs shape you and make you who you are.
“You are what you believe yourself to be.”
20. Let go of the need to explain yourself.
“Don’t explain. Your friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe you.”
21. Love changes everything.
“It is not time that changes man nor knowledge the only thing that can change someone’s mind is love.”
22. Don’t mistake elegance with superficiality.
“Elegance is usually confused with superficiality, fashion, lack of depth. This is a serious mistake: human beings need to have elegance in their actions and in their posture because this word is synonymous with good taste, amiability, equilibrium and harmony.”
23. When you do work from your soul, the critics won’t hurt you.
“I write from my soul. This is the reason that critics don’t hurt me, because it is me. If it was not me, if I was pretending to be someone else, then this could unbalance my world, but I know who I am.”
24. Each day brings a miracle of its own.
“You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.”
25. Embrace your authenticity
“You are someone who is different, but who wants to be the same as everyone else. And that in my view is a serious illness. God chose you to be different. Why are you disappointing God with this kind of attitude?”
“You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.”
“If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule – Never lie to yourself.”
What is your favorite quote from Paulo Coelho? What is one lesson you have learned from this incredible man? You can share your comment in the comment section below.
Source: Expanded Conciousness
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- Socrates: The Test Of Three
- The Four Types Of Friends According To The Buddha
- 25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Buddha
- 25 Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- Leonardo Da Vinci's Resume Written In The 1480s
- Mark Twain’s Top 9 Tips For Living A Kick-Ass Life
- The Wisdom of Bruce Lee: 25 Quotes on Mastery, Martial Arts & Consciousness
- 12 Dozen Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free
- List of 40 FREE Educational Websites
- Free books: 100 legal sites to download literature
- 135 Self-Education Resources For Lifelong Learners
- 300+ Mind Expanding Documentaries
- Top 10 Inspirational Quotes Worthy of Your Refrigerator
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- 10 Unbelievable Facts You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.
25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Paulo Coelho Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 3:18 AM Rating: