Here are 7 must see survival tips from Household Hacker.
Have you ever wondered how to filter water, keep away the mosquitos or how to make a solar microwave? These tips might save your life one day.
1. Need some light in a pinch and a candle alone won’t cut it? Grab a soda can and cut open the sides, fold them out and place the candle in. This will reflect your light and give you some decent protection from the elements.
2. If you ever find yourself without a clean water source grab a piece of cloth and 2 containers. Put the dirty water in one container and run the cloth from it to the empty glass. After a short while you will have filtered, muck free water. Remember to boil..
3. Need to get a cooking fire going with minimal effort? Grab an empty egg carton and place charcoal into the slots. Seal it up, light a corner and enjoy.
4. If the mosquitoes are getting bad you can repel them easily using common household herbs. Since you already have that little cooking fire going, sprinkle some basil or drop some rosemary on the coals. The bugs can’t stand it and will stay far away.
5. How about a solar microwave? Grab a small food box and cut out a fold. Wrap the top in aluminum foil and line the inner box with it as well. Place your food inside and give it some time. You now have a solar charged grilled cheese sandwich.
6. Need to find the right direction home? Get a small sliver of metal such as a needle and rub it against your clothing several times. Place the needle on a leaf and float it in some water. The needle will point you North.
7. And finally, the emergency oil lamp. Grab some old cloth and bundle it up. Take a soda can and fill it about half way with olive oil. Place the cloth into the can and light. You have yourself a makeshift oil lamp that will last hours.
Source: True Activist, Household Hacker
- How To Build a 400 Square Foot Solar Powered Off Grid Cabin for $2,000
- How to Build a Solar Heating Panel with Soda Cans
- 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 15 Simple Ways To Supercharge Your Brain
- How to Heal Cavities Naturally
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- Love Ice Cream? Here’s How To Make Your Own Non-Toxic Varieties And Why You Should