Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Fennec foxes usually eat rodents, insects, birds, rabbits, and eggs. What happens when they stop eating all these?


Vegan blogger Sonia Sae has been forcing her pet fox Jumanji to have a vegan diet for several years, and the poor animal has developed all sorts of health problems. However, a few people have recently worked hard to make the issue known around the world, and the web is furious.


Experts say that a fennec’s diet in the wild consists of about 90% animals and insects. The remaining 10% is comprised of various plants the foxes dig up. Naturally, these animals also need a lot of protein when living in captivity. That means that Saw has probably messed up her omnivore Jumanji's entire nutrition status by forcing it on a vegan menu. For instance, fennecs need calcium and taurine. The latter is an organic compound, widely distributed in animal tissues. Without it, the big-eared creatures are likely to develop reproductive and heart problems. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.


Sae has admitted that Jumanji is half blind, while it suffers from spontaneous convulsions as well as a severe skin condition. Still, she refuses the idea that its vegan diet causes these problems.


More info: faithfulfoxes.com


Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Sae's behavior was brought to the internet's attention after a concerned woman posted a message on her Facebook page.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

That's how the fox looked like when Sae bought it:

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

However, later more and more people started thinking its appearance and health were deteriorating.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Alice tried to explain why Sae shouldn’t force the poor animal on a vegan diet.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Still, Sae kept sharing her pet’s pictures with very concerning descriptions.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Alice pointed out that Jumanji was experiencing severe health issues.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

However, Sonia refused to believe what her ‘haters’ were saying.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

In the pictures on Sae's Instagram, commenters pointed out that the fox seems to have gotten much thinner.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Not only that, but they also thought the fur was thinner than before, while the animal suffered severe skin conditions.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Damian Eadie that runs a business selling vegan pet food said it is possible to raise a fox on such a diet.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

But how is she sure that this is safe for the fox? People should ask her whether she knows the nutritional requirements of the animal and whether she can formulate a suitable diet.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

That's what she had to say about the accusations several people made online.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Somebody e-mailed animal rights authorities while trying to consult what could be done to solve the problem and here is what they had to say.

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Here are some pictures of healthy fennec foxes:

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Kitty Terwolbeck


Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

Floridapfe from S.Korea Kim in cherl


Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results

FRANCISCO MINGORANCE

Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results Vegan Woman Made Her Fennec Fox Become Vegan, And Here Are The Results Reviewed by Κατερίνα Παπ on 1:59 PM Rating: 5

1 comment

Don't show again. Close

Like us on Facebook?