She Glues Cotton To A Paper Lantern. Now Watch What Happens When She Turns The Light Off…
This is our favorite project here at Idealist Revolution and should be your next creative item to create. It’s cheap, easy-to-make, and so very creative as we always like. It’s a homemade cloud light that lights up, glows, and looks amazing graced on a wall or hung from a ceiling. How dreamy!! Bring the outside inside !
All that’s needed for this wonderful DIY project? Cotton batting (found at craft stores), paper lanterns, a wooden dowel, fishing wire or string, a hot glue gun, and battery-powered LED lights. Some people suggest using flameless candles, but LED lights are considered the safest option. Here’s how to make it:
1) Expand the paper lanterns and glue batting to the exterior. Use whatever sizes of lanterns you’d like! The video below uses five lanterns of all different shapes.
2) Tie the string to the wooden dowel and fasten the dowel to the ceiling with screw hooks so it’s nice and secure.
3) Place clear string on each edge of the lanterns. Tie each ball to the dowel individually in the shape of a cloud, adjusting to your liking.
4) Pull lights through the base through the cloud, letting some hang lower than others.
5) Attach blue ribbon for a rainy effect (optional).
This DIY cloud makes a perfect gift, decoration for a baby shower or wedding, or would be great just hanging in your bedroom as a cute, unexpected touch for any age.
Know a great, simple DIY project? Let us know in the comments below, and SHARE this one with all your crafty Facebook friends! Lets all get creative.
Sources: fb-14.AllViralPosts & TiffyQuake via Idealist Revolution
She Glues Cotton To A Paper Lantern. Now Watch What Happens When She Turns The Light Off… Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 11:04 AM Rating: