Since first appearing in 1924, Winnie the Pooh has innocently stumbled through the Hundred Acre Wood, leading friends and readers on curious and memorable adventures. The lovable bear is the brainchild of A.A. Milne, inspired by his son, Christopher Robin, and his toys. While Pooh is often seen as a bit dopey and soft-spoken, his humbleness has lead to incredibly profound wisdom over the years. This is only a fraction of the inspiring words the story left us. Yet, it’s plenty to live by.
1. Piglet: “How do you spell 'love'?" Pooh: "You don't spell it...you feel it."
2. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.”
3. "You are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think."
4. “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.”
5. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
6. "Some people care too much. I think it's called love."
7. "Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them."
8. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
9. “You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
10. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
11. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”
12. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”
13. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.”
14. “A day spent with you is my favourite day. So today is my new favourite day.”
15. “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
Source: Distractify via Idealist Revolution