They called her a ´hybrid´ and told her to go back to Africa. You won't believe how she reacted.
This woman showed us what really happens when someone questions the motives of racists. This excerpt from a BBC documentary called 'Confronting Racism Face-to-Face' features a gutsy mixed race journalist who shows incredible bravery when dealing with intimidating bigots who most of us would cross the street to avoid.
The woman, who was born in Germany, asks Neo-Nazi skinheads what they are demonstrating against. At first, they ignore her, turn their backs or tell her to leave. But she refuses, and asks them intelligent questions that make them cringe with embarrassment at their own beliefs. She smiles at them. Her calm and collected manner makes them look more ridiculous than ever, and she shows them that she is also a human being, even though they call her an "enemy".
She later travels to the USA and makes a guy in a KKK costume so uncomfortable that he claims “I´m not racist”. She even gets a hug from one lifelong bigot, and in the end, she makes friends with a young skinhead, leaving us with a surprising fact about her white grandmother. She is really inspiring, isn't she?
- Bullies Picked On Him Everyday, Until He Started Doing One Simple Thing To Turn It Around
- 11 Anti-war And Anti-fascism Movies You Really Have To Watch
- Which dictator killed the most People?
- Over 50 Israeli Soldiers Refuse to Fight and Call on Other Conscripts to Resist Military Orders
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- 16 Children & Their Bedrooms From Around the World…
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!