The City Of Sydney Is Now Powered By 100% Renewable Energy And Winning Plaudits For Its Dedication To Green Issues

SHARE:

The City Of Sydney Is Now Powered By 100% Renewable Energy And Winning Plaudits For Its Dedication To Green Issues

The 'City of Sydney' district of Sydney, Australia, home to the city's main business district, with over 250,000 residents, is now being powered solely by renewable energy.


The advancement is due to a clean energy deal worth around $40 million US, which is utilising green energy facilities located in New South Wales. While solar power will provide 75% of the energy, wind power will provide the other 25%. With near all year sunshine and a coastal breeze, the landscape of the region is particularly suited to these green energy facilities.


The achievement is being seen as a real boost to the environment and a step towards tackling Australia's carbon footprint, it is estimated that carbon emissions will be cut by 20,000 tonnes per year by this project alone.


Sydney Lord Mayor, Clover Moore, highlighted the importance of green energy in a statement, she said:


"Cities are responsible for 70 per cent of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide, so it is critical that we take effective and evidence-based climate actions. We are in the middle of a climate emergency. If we are to reduce emissions and grow the green power sector, all levels of government must urgently transition to renewable energy."



Others are also praising the economic boost the green energy sector will provide, particularly at a time of global downturn due to Covid-19 and the real danger of a global economic depression. But this is not the only economic benefit. Due to the cheaper nature of green energy, it is believed that rate-payers will pay half a million Australian dollars less each year over the next 10 years. Something which will surely be welcomed by voters.



Jason Willoughby, the CEO of CWP Renewables, which is involved in the renewables project, released a statement saying:


"Wind is a natural energy choice providing a much-needed alternative to fossil fuels. We hope this inspires other councils and organisations to follow the City of Sydney's lead."


Sydney has long taken a progressive stand in favour of green issues and in 2019, was recognised by the non-profit CDP, along with 43 other cities, for taking active steps in delivering a more environmentally sustainable world.

COMMENTS

Name

Activism,1274,Art,729,BLM,22,Consciousness,1544,CoVid-19,95,Cures,227,Do it Yourself,111,Documentaries,70,Environment,1224,Health,670,History,394,Human Intelligence,550,Inspirations,2,Inspiring Stories,3958,Justice,503,Mental Health,4,News,321,Nutrition,217,Philosophy,308,Photography,1573,Quantum Physics,29,Quizzes & Tests,145,Quotes,113,Relationships,780,Science,982,Self Improvement,835,Spirituality,248,Sustainability,238,Technology,425,Truth,754,
ltr
item
Thinking Humanity: The City Of Sydney Is Now Powered By 100% Renewable Energy And Winning Plaudits For Its Dedication To Green Issues
The City Of Sydney Is Now Powered By 100% Renewable Energy And Winning Plaudits For Its Dedication To Green Issues
The 'City of Sydney' district of Sydney, Australia, home to the city's main business district, with over 250,000 residents, is now being powered solely by renewable energy. The advancement is due to a clean energy deal worth around $40 million US, which is utilising green energy facilities located in New South Wales. While solar power will provide 75% of the energy, wind power will provide the other 25%.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EJ3rJoY3RBo/XyGxCMskbKI/AAAAAAAABIQ/MeIjbTG8O5wJ3IDLen7FBJaegmnqwh8BwCNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/The%2BCity%2BOf%2BSydney%2BIs%2BNow%2BPowered%2BBy%2B100%2525%2BRenewable%2BEnergy%2BAnd%2BWinning%2BPlaudits%2BFor%2BIts%2BDedication%2BTo%2BGreen%2BIssues.webp
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EJ3rJoY3RBo/XyGxCMskbKI/AAAAAAAABIQ/MeIjbTG8O5wJ3IDLen7FBJaegmnqwh8BwCNcBGAsYHQ/s72-c/The%2BCity%2BOf%2BSydney%2BIs%2BNow%2BPowered%2BBy%2B100%2525%2BRenewable%2BEnergy%2BAnd%2BWinning%2BPlaudits%2BFor%2BIts%2BDedication%2BTo%2BGreen%2BIssues.webp
Thinking Humanity
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2020/07/the-city-of-sydney-is-now-powered-by-100-per-cent-renewable-energy.html
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2020/07/the-city-of-sydney-is-now-powered-by-100-per-cent-renewable-energy.html
true
7064777598104498166
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy