“Don’t Let It Happen”: Orwell’s Prophetic Final Words On The Madness Of The Modern World
It's enough to make you wonder if he had special powers...
This footage from a 2003 BBC docudrama about George Orwell’s life and works is so true, it’s terrifying. Some of the great author and activist’s final words on how he envisaged the future are very well known, but this clip is fantastic for gathering all his thoughts in one place (and sharing them with anyone who is still snoozing).
Orwell predicts there will be “No emotions except fear, rage, triumph and self abasement.” He goes on to prophesize that “the sex instinct will be eradicated and we shall abolish the orgasm.” Sound weird? Britain has just banned pornographic activities that cause female pleasure, while anti-depressants and other pharmaceutical drugs are known to stifle sex drive. As a side note, Terence McKenna once famously said, “If they could make sex illegal, they would.” They’re probably working on that one…
Orwell also says “there will be no loyalty except loyalty to the party [state] and always there will be the intoxication of power. The thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy that is helpless.”
He finishes by saying: “If you want a picture of the future , imagine a boot stamping on a human face…forever. The moral to be drawn from this dangerous nightmare situation is a simple one: Don’t let it happen. It depends on you.”
It certainly does. Please share!
Source: True Activist
- Disturbing (But Amazing) Pictures Expose The Absurdities Of Modern Culture *Warning: Graphic Images*
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- John Lennon's "Imagine", made into a beautiful comic.
- 30 Of The Best 3D Pencil Drawings
- 11-Year-Old Child Prodigy Created Stunningly Detailed Drawings Bursting With Life. Just Incredible!
- 12 Year Old Girl Paints Heaven, Child Prodigy [VIDEO]
- This 14-Year-Old Boy Just Wrote The Most Important Poem Of The 21st Century
- A 16 Year Old Girl, Armed With A Pencil, Entered A Competition. The Result Blew My Mind.
- Every Week, 2 Anonymous Students Sneak Into A Classroom And Proceed To Blow Everyone's Mind
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 52 Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever
- 46 Unbelievable Photos That Will Shock You
- 40 Must-See Photos From The Past
- 40 Animals You May Not Have Known Existed
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- These 22 People From Around The World Will Leave You Speechless
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- 16 Children & Their Bedrooms From Around the World…
- These 15 Incredibly Rare Historical Photos Will Leave You Speechless
- Which dictator killed the most People?
“Don’t Let It Happen”: Orwell’s Prophetic Final Words On The Madness Of The Modern World Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 9:05 AM Rating: