Is It Really Money That Motivates Us? The Science Will Surprise You! (VIDEO)
Human nature is not what we have been told.
I couldn’t contain my excitement while watching this video because this is what I have always felt to be true. Not to mention it is now backed by a legitimate study!
Many people love to blame “Human Nature” for the state of our world. It is believed that we are inherently greedy and that money is our primary source of motivation, whether it is to do good or not so good stuff. Yet my intuition always told me that modern society has nothing to do with human nature but instead with human CONDITIONING.
Think about it: it takes on average 20 years, starting from a very early age, to shape us into so-called “functional members of society” at school. And why not add a daily dose of “television programming” into the mix? Our education and media both train us to believe that making money and consuming is our reason for being alive. But just how natural is it to value pieces of paper more than the health of the planet we live on? How natural is it to spend a lifetime working at repetitive jobs we don’t like simply to make money to survive? Is there more to life than this? I absolutely believe so.
Enjoy this awesome RSA Animate adapted from a Dan Pink’s talk.
Source: Collective Evolution
- What Would You Like To Do, If Money Was No Object?
- Why The World’s Second Richest Man Wants You To Work Less
- Sweden introduces a SIX-HOUR working day in bid to reduce sick leave, boost efficiency and make staff happier
- 11 Ways to Live a Happier Life, According to a Psychologist (Hint: These have nothing to do with money!)
- World's 100 Richest earned enough in 2012 to End Global Poverty 4 Times over
- The Money Masters (Documentary): How Banks Create Money Out Of Thin Air
- The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind (Debt Ceiling Truth)
- Wealth Inequality - The Actual Distributions of Money
- President Of Uruguay, Donates 90% Of Salary To Charity
- The Man Who Lives Without Money
- A man in debt demolishes his house and drops it in front of the bank
- John Lennon's "Imagine", made into a beautiful comic.
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
Is It Really Money That Motivates Us? The Science Will Surprise You! (VIDEO) Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 5:47 AM Rating: