Watch These Zambian Children Getting Clean Water For The First Time. Their Reaction Will Humble You.
Imagine if you had to walk two miles to get drinking water for your family everyday. That’s what many of these children in Zambia have to do three times a day. They have dreams of going to school. Watch what happens when their village gets clean water for the first time. To learn more about how you can help the people of Zambia get clean water, visit World Vision.
This makes me so grateful that I have a roof over my head, running water, and food in my fridge. Please share this post with your friends and family.
EVERY CHILD DESERVES CLEAN, SAFE DRINKING WATER.
More children die from diseases caused by unsafe water than HIV/AIDS and malaria combined. It’s tragic that 1,600 children die every day from diarrhea because they lack something as simple as clean water.
Scarce, dirty water also locks people into poverty. Clean water not only gives life, it makes it possible for kids to attend school, for families to provide adequate nutrition, and for communities to prosper.
For the first time in history, we have the technology and resources to bring clean water to every child. I firmly believe we can solve the global water crisis within our lifetimes. It is an opportunity and a challenge that my colleagues and I refuse to ignore. That’s why we’re launching one of the most ambitious water campaigns ever, and we need you to join us.
1. Historic Impact - World Vision is already reaching more people with clean drinking water than any other non-governmental organization—an amazing one new person every 30 seconds.
We believe we can provide clean water to an additional 5 million people in the next 3 years. It may sound impossible, but it’s already happening. With help from private donors who have made an unprecedented commitment to match every dollar donated, this mission is absolutely possible.
Together, we will transform entire communities for generations, unleashing them to reach their God-given potential. It will be a major blow against poverty and set the stage for completing the job in the coming years.
2. A Lasting Solution - We partner closely with each community to provide clean water access and improved sanitation and hygiene solutions that meet their specific situation. This approach ensures communities feel ownership of their water points and are able to maintain and repair them. Because of this, we’ve seen that water continues to flow from water points built by World Vision for decades after they’re built.
Plus, every water project is a part of a larger community involvement model, built over 60 years, that focuses on a full solution to address health, education and employment challenges.
3. Total Transparency - You will always know where your donation is going. You will hear directly from the amazing people running the projects and see the faces of the children you’re helping.
As far as we’re concerned, we’re all in this together. We’ll pull back the curtain in every way we can think of, so you’ll always know what we’re doing and why we’re doing it.
Join us. I hope you’ll take up this challenge, give a little more of yourself, and demand much more from us.
We’re just getting started and there is much to do.
Please visit World Vision to find out how you can help.
Dr. Greg Allgood, Vice President, World Vision
Sources: World Vision, Viral Thread via The Mind Unleashed
- 15 Powerful Quotes From the World’s Most Humble President. #3 Is Eye-opening!
- A Billboard That Creates Drinkable Water Out of Thin Air!
- This Simple & Affordable Technology Is Going To Make History: Meet The LifeStraw
- New Invention Makes Ocean Water Drinkable
- Amazing Water Purification Technology Could Save Millions of Lives
- Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- 15 Facts Most People Don’t Know About Fluoride
Watch These Zambian Children Getting Clean Water For The First Time. Their Reaction Will Humble You. Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 4:22 PM Rating: