During a night dive last January at Gadren Eel Cove in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; a bottlenose dolphin caught in a fishing line approached scuba diver Keller Laros for help.
The dolphin’s left pectoral fin was stuck, wrapped around fishing line with a hook embedded into its body. Laros, who was equipped with scissors, was able to free his fellow mammal and the amazing rescue was caught on film by Martina Wing.
This is an awesome example of how smart animals truly are, especially dolphins! Just recently the scientific community recognized the consciousness of animals! An international group of prominent scientists signed The Cambridge Declaration on Consciousness (read more below) in which they are proclaiming their support for the idea that animals are conscious and aware to the degree that humans are — a list of animals that includes all mammals, birds, and even the octopus. But will this make us stop treating these animals in totally inhumane ways?
India also just recently recognized dolphins as non-human persons and officially banned all dolphin shows! This is definitely a step in the right direction! You can read more about their ruling below!
Source: Higher Perspective
- Dolphins Call each other by Name
- India Declares Dolphins "Non-Human Persons", Dolphin shows BANNED.
- Gray whale dies bringing us a message — with stomach full of plastic trash
- Possibly the Most Eye Opening 6 Minutes Ever on Film
- Bolivia Gives Legal Rights To The Earth
- Earth is Alive! Beautiful... Finite... Hurting... Worth Dying for!