Jim Carrey Has a Powerful Message For Those Suffering From Depression
Mental illness is an area of health that is largely misunderstood and wrongly stigmatized. Having had several loved ones who personally suffered from different mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, depression, anxiety disorder and even PTSD, I can say that treatment options for people experiencing these conditions often revolve around taking pharmaceuticals that do nothing to treat the actual problem.
Instead, these pills work as pacifiers, shutting down and inhibiting certain parts of the brain to the point where, sure, you’re no longer experiencing your symptoms, because you’re not really feeling anything at all.
Ask anyone suffering from a mental illness and they’ll tell you that they wish there were a better way to help treat them--one that didn’t rely so heavily on pills and medications.
That’s where beloved actor Jim Carrey comes in to share a powerful message with us. He suffered from depression for many years and was finally able to overcome it after ditching any and all substances and replacing them with a healthy dose of spirituality.
“I’m a Buddhist, I’m a Christian, I’m a Muslim… I am whatever you want me to be. It all comes down to whether you are in a loving place or an unloving place. When you are with me, you can’t help but be happy,” says Carrey after being asked about his religious views.
Carrey describes a life in which he no longer uses drugs like Prozac as a means to make others feel comfortable around him.
“I’m very serious about no alcohol, no drugs. I just… Life is too beautiful.”
And when asked if he’s worried about all of the people who will label him as crazy for being so spiritual, he has just one thing to say:
“I just want to be myself. If I lose a few fringe people who can’t deal with the fact that there are other forces in the world, that’s okay with me.”
Source: Expanded Consciousness, Truth Theory
- Everyone Is Talking About Jim Carrey’s Speech. In Just 1 Minute, He Absolutely NAILS Life.
- Jennifer Aniston Is Fed Up, Writes Powerful Viral Letter About A Woman’s True Value
- Julia Roberts Taught Me More In Just 2 Minutes Than Anyone Else Has Done In My WHOLE Life [VIDEO]
- You think you know someone, and then he gets on a stage and blows your mind
- Woody Harrelson Speaks Out Against The System, Urges Public To Adopt Sustainable Change [Watch]
- Keanu Reeves Shook The World With Another POWERFUL Message.
- The Heartbreakingly Tragic Story Of Keanu Reeves Revealed
- 15 Mind-Blowing Words By Keanu Reeves
- Edward Norton Helps Raise Nearly $400,000 for Syrian Refugees
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s Golden Globe Acceptance Speech For The First Nations & Indigenous People Of The World
- 25 Unforgettable Quotes By Robin Williams
- Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- Simpsons Co-Creator Passes Away At The Age of 59 After Donating His Fortune To Charity
- From Selma to Snowden, Oscar Speeches Invoke Activism & Calls for Social Justice
- 11 Anti-war And Anti-fascism Movies You Really Have To Watch
Jim Carrey Has a Powerful Message For Those Suffering From Depression Reviewed by Κατερίνα Παπακυριακοπούλου on 4:16 AM Rating: