The Danish government accumulated 53 million Euros in 2015 to transform the nation into an organic one.
Bhutan announced its plan to become the world’s first 100% organic nation in 2013, but it now has some competition. That’s right, Denmark’s government announced its plan to become Earth’s first 100% organic nation – and it has a solid plan of accomplishing that feat.
According to OrganicVeganEarth, the Scandinavian country is already the most developed country in the world concerning the amount of organic products it exports. In fact, the country’s national organic brand will soon celebrate its 25th year in business – making it one of the oldest organic brands in the world!
Since 2007, the Danish economy has been boosted by 200%, thanks to organic exports. Because the trend to opt for pesticide-free foods continues to increase, the government made the bold choice to accumulate 53 million Euros in 2015 to transform Denmark into an organic country.
Now, it’s only a matter of time before the nation achieves its goal. The government intends to tackle the task of turning Denmark into a 100% organic country by working on two different fronts. First, it will give a boost to turn traditional farmland into organic and stimulate increased demand for pesticide-free products.
In the 57-point document drafted by Økologiplan Danmark, it is explained that the aim is to double the agricultural land cultivated with organic methods by 2020. The Organic Action Plan for Denmark explains that the land belonging to the government will be cultivated using organic and biodynamic methods, and independent, small-scale farmers will also receive the finances and support to transform their own crops to be 100% organic (livestock included). Money will also be allotted to developing new technologies and ideas capable of promoting growth.
The second part involves promoting the nation’s transition to organic. All institutions in Denmark should be on board with promoting pesticide-free, biodynamically-grown crops and produce. The first target is to ensure that 60% of food served to the public is organic. Schools and hospitals are especially expected to respect the country’s initiative.
Let’s hope Denmark succeeds and sets an example for the rest of the world to follow!
What are your thoughts? Please comment below and share this news!
Source: True Activist
- We Are Eating POISON! Here’s How To Identify GMO Tomatoes In 2 Easy Steps!
- Russia Will Be The World’s FIRST Exporter Of Non-GMO Foods, Says President Putin
- Russia Completely Bans GMOs in Food Production
- Greece Forbids Monstanto’s Genetically Modified Corn
- Wales Joins 15 Other Countries And Bans GMOs!
- Union Of 30,000 Doctors In Latin America Wants Monsanto Banned!
- Complete history of Monsanto, one of the world's most evil corporations
- 800 Scientists Demand Global GMO “Experiment” End
- Comprehensive List Of GMO Products and Companies
- A List of GMO Free Food Companies
- Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized