Known to the Egyptians as the plant of immortality and to Native Americans as the wand of heaven, aloe vera comes with a wide array of amazing healing properties — some of which you may already be aware. You might even have your own aloe vera plant in your home for those small emergencies like scrapes, cuts, and burns, but did you know that aloe vera is not only limited to topical use and is actually even more beneficial to your body when taken internally?
Aloe vera contains over 200 biologically active, naturally occurring constituents which include polysaccharides, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids, and minerals that promote nutrient absorption.
According to The Journal of Environmental Science and Health, aloe vera also possesses anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties that assist the immune system in cleansing the body of toxins and invading pathogens. But that isn’t all aloe vera juice/gel has to offer.
Aloe vera has loads of minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium, copper, and manganese. These minerals work together to boost metabolic pathways.
Aloe Vera contains important enzymes like amylase and lipase which can aid in digestion by breaking down fat and sugar molecules. One molecule in particular, Bradykinase, helps to reduce inflammation.
One study showed that aloe vera actually contains vitamin B12, which is required for the production of red blood cells. That would be great news for vegetarians and vegans in particular, who often do not get adequate amounts of B12 through their regular diet. Keep in mind however, that was just one instance and you shouldn’t rely on aloe alone for your daily requirements of b12. Other studies have shown that taking aloe can assist with the bioavailability of vitamin B12, meaning the body can more easily to absorb and utilize it which can prevent deficiency. Aloe vera is also a source of vitamins A, C,E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), and B6.
Aloe vera contains 20 of the 22 essential amino acids that are required by the human body. It also contains salicylic acid, which fights inflammation and bacteria.
Other Uses For Aloe
Aside from being an excellent body cleanser, removing toxic matter from the stomach, kidneys, spleen, bladder, liver, and colon, aloe can also offer effective relief from more immediate ailments, such as indigestion, upset stomach, ulcers, and inflammation in the gut. It also strengthens the digestive tract and alleviates joint inflammation, making it a great option for arthritis sufferers.
One study found that aloe vera juice, when taken the same way as a mouthwash, was just as effective at removing plaque as the common mouthwash and its active ingredient, chlorhexidine. This is a much better alternative because it is all-natural, unlike the typical chemical-laden options found in stores.
Aloe vera gel has also been found to effectively heal mouth ulcers, which are more commonly known as canker sores.
How To Take Aloe?
Aloe can be consumed straight from the plant, but the easiest and most palatable option is probably aloe juice, which you can find in most health food stores. You can also buy the leaves from many common grocery stores, or harvest your own, and juice them yourself.
You can buy the juice and mix it into your juices and smoothies or just drink it straight up. Make sure you are buying pure aloe juice/gel which is either of the whole leaf or just the inner filet. It does have a somewhat bitter taste though, so you may want to include other things. On the bottle you can find specific dosing instructions, but it would be wise to talk to a natural health expert or do some research into the matter to find instructions on specific dosing.
Learn more about the amazing benefits of aloe vera or purchase some for your self, please click here.
Sources: Collective Evolution, NCBI, HerBallegacy
- Egypt's Atlantis: Amazing artifacts from ancient underwater world go on display (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Scientists Discovered the Egyptian Secret to Moving Huge Pyramid Stones
- 31 Long-Forgotten Native American Medical Cures
- Complete Guide To Essential Oils (How to Use & Buy)
- 107 Everyday Uses for Coconut Oil
- Here’s What Happens To Your Body If You Eat Ginger Every Day
- The Cure to Fibromyalgia Your Doctor Doesn’t Want You To Know
- Mix Two Ingredients Before Bed And Never Wake Up Tired Again...
- Top 12 Super Foods that Improve Your Digestion
- A Recipe For Fat Flush Water (It Literally Flushes Fat)
- 11 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
- This Is What Happens When You Drink Water Right After You Get Out Of Bed
- See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On an Empty Stomach
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- This Is Why You Should Never Throw Away The Used Tea Bags Again
- Here’s How To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins In 3 Weeks. You Only Need 2 Things!
- 36 Foods That Help Detox and Cleanse Your Entire Body
- 21 Health Tricks To Teach Your Body
- 19 Super Foods That Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- After Reading This, You’ll Never Look at a Banana in the Same Way Again
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus
- 5 Food-Medicines That Could Quite Possibly Save Your Life
- Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
- One Injection Reverses Diabetes Symptoms Without Side Effects
- Science Confirms Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs