16 Times Bad Letter Spacing Made All The Difference
All it takes is bad letter spacing to cause some serious confusion (and laughter). The businesses and individuals pictured below were caught with poorly spaced letters resulting in some unintentionally risqué signs and messages.
The next time you’re creating a sign for the public to read make sure you take into consideration letter spacing and font, all it takes is a few millimeters to transform a completely normal statement into something that makes jaws drop.
In the world of metal printing there are distinct types of letter spacing available, including manual, automatic or no kerning. Without any kerning (automatic spacing) it can appear that there are spaces between letters when there really aren’t; automatic kerning tends to produce mixed results. And when it comes to handwriting, writer-discretion advised… especially if you work at Starbucks and write people’s names on cups (see #3)!
1. Even Walmart Gets Kerning All Wrong From Time To Time
2. When Poor Spacing Goes Horribly, Horribly Wrong
3. Sorry Clint, The Barista Gave You A New Name Today
4. Want To Head Over To Massage The Rapist?
5. Not Again!
6. Dear Bull Titan US, Your Logo Needs Help ASAP
7. Dick Lovers Or Click Lovers?
8. Spacing Would Be Helpful Here
9. “My Aunt In The Philippines Made A Nice Birthday Cake For My Relative Curt“
10. This Math Teacher Learned The Importance Of Kerning Before The Final
11. The Worst Tart You Could Ever Eat
12. Okay… What Am I Really Buying Here?
13. Wonder What They Sell At “Megaflicks”
14. There’s A Reason This Ended Up At Big Lots And It Has To Do With Font
15. The Simple Word “Click” Seems To Cause A LOT Of Issues
16. Seriously… Who Approved This Without Laughing?
Source: Earth Porn
16 Times Bad Letter Spacing Made All The Difference Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:14 PM Rating: