Polish illustrator, artist, and co-owner of Morski Studio Graficzne Igor Morski creates surreal images imbued with hidden meaning. He graduated with honors from the Interior Architecture and Industrial Design Faculty at the State Higher School of Fine Art in Poznań, and worked for public broadcasting in the 80s and 90s, before finally pursuing a career in press illustration. Morski opened his own studio in 1995.
"Sometimes I used to use popular symbols, such as Pinocchio’s long nose," Morski told Bored Panda. "However, most frequently I have tried to think up my own symbols. For example, [my piece] “creative archaeology” is about the commercialisation of archaeology. There, I depict a halved human head filled with the sand with a stylised figure of Indiana Jones, the archaeologist, at the top. The symbolism becomes clear. On the one hand, you have the head filled with the sand, on the other, the figure digging in it."
More info: igor.morski.pl | Facebook (h/t: demilked, sunriseartists)
Source: Bored Panda
- These 12 Satirical Cartoons Depict The Disturbing Reality Of Modern-Day Society
- More Disturbing (But Amazing) Pictures Expose The Absurdities Of Modern Culture *Warning: Graphic Images*
- Disturbing (But Amazing) Pictures Expose The Absurdities Of Modern Culture *Warning: Graphic Images*
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- What if Animals Treated Us How We Treat Them?
- These 30+ Cartoons Illustrate How Smartphones Are The Death Of Conversation
- This Hilarious Comic Illustrates The Continuous Fight Between Our Heart And Our Brain
- This Comic Will Forever Change the Way You Look at Privilege
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- John Lennon's "Imagine", made into a beautiful comic.
- Powerful Satirical Illustrations Show What War Really Looks Like
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Heartwarming Illustrations Show That True Love Is In The Little Everyday Things
- How Women in Iconic Paintings Would Look if They Got Photoshopped to Fit Today's Ideals
- How French Artists In 1899 Envisioned Life In The Year 2000
- You Are Free To Make Choices In Life But You Are Not Free From The Consequences Of Those Choices