Apple is considered to be one of the most demanding and fascinating companies. It's not a big surprise that finding a job in this company is extremely hard - but it's a dream as well.
Many big companies like Facebook and Apple ask many technical questions in order to hire someone, which are based on the previous work experience of the applicant but some tricky questions are included too.
Glasdoor published some of the most difficult questions that an applicant might face, during their interview in Apple.
Here are some of these questions, as Time Magazine wrote them down.
1. Explain to an 8-year-old child what a modem/router is and its functions..
2. Who is your best friend?
3. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?
4. Describe an interesting problem and how you solved it.
5. How many children are born every day?
6. You have a 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.
7. Describe yourself. What excites you?
8. If we hired you, what do you want to work on?
9. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?
10. Scenario: You’re dealing with an angry customer who was waiting for help for the past 20 minutes and is causing a commotion. She claims that she’ll just walk over to Best Buy or the Microsoft Store to get the computer she wants. Resolve this issue.
11. How would you breakdown the cost of this pen?
12. A man calls in and has an older computer that is essentially a brick. What do you do?
13. Are you smart?
14. What are your failures, and how have you learned from them?
15. Have you ever disagreed with a manager’s decision, and how did you approach the disagreement? Give a specific example and explain how you rectified this disagreement, what the final outcome was, and how that individual would describe you today.
16. Tell me something that you have done in your life which you are particularly proud of.
17. Why should we hire you?
18. Are you creative? What’s something creative that you can think of?
19. Describe a humiliating experience of yours.
20. What’s more important, fixing the customer’s problem or creating a good customer experience?
21. You seem pretty positive, what types of things bring you down?
22. What brings you here today?
23. Show me (role play) how you would show a customer you’re willing to help them by only using your voice.
24. What was your best day in the last 4 years? What was your worst?
25. How would you test a toaster?
26. What would you want to do 5 years from now?
27. How would you test your favorite app?
28. Why do you want to join Apple and what will you miss at your current work if Apple hired you?
29. When you walk in the Apple Store as a customer, what do you notice about the store/how do you feel when you first walk in?
- 12 Horrifying Photos of the Tech Industry Apple Never Wants You to See
- 11 Reasons Why Children under the Age of 12 Should Not Use Handheld Devices
- Why Steve Jobs Didn’t Let His Kids Use iPads (And Why You Shouldn’t Either)
- Here’s What Happens To Your Body When You Check Your Smartphone Before Bed
- After I saw this, I put down my phone and didn't pick it up for the rest of the day...
- These 30+ Cartoons Illustrate How Smartphones Are The Death Of Conversation
- If This Video Doesn’t Make You Put Down Your Phone, Nothing Will!
- This Short Video Perfectly Shows Everything Wrong With Our Generation On Social Media
- 10 Things You Could Do With the Time You Spend on Facebook Every Day
- 10 Staggering Facts About Facebook
- Privacy is Dead. Google and Facebook know everything about YOU!