The avocado is believed to have originated in Puebla, Mexico. The oldest evidence of the avocado was found in a cave in Puebla, Mexico and dates back to around 10,000 BC.
Native to Mexico and Central America, the avocado is classified in the same family as camphor and cinnamon. An avocado is botanically, a large berry that grows on a tree that can reach 6 feet tall. Just like a banana, the avocado ripens 1-2 weeks after being picked.
Avocados are often referred to as the healthiest food due to its impressive nutritional value.
An avocado contains these vitamins and minerals:•An avocado contains more potassium than a banana. Avocados have 14% and a banana contains 10% potassium.
•Folate for your hearts health. Avocados have 23% folate which lowers incidences of heart disease. Vitamin E, monounsaturated fats and glutathione are also good for the heart. Folate can lower the risks of having a stroke.
•Folate is also essential in the prevention of birth defects such as spina bifida and neural tube defect.
•Eating avocados help our body’s absorb 5 times the amount of carotenoids (lycopene and beta carotene).
•Eye Heath- Avocados contain more carotenoid lutein than any other fruit, protecting against macular degeneration and cataracts.
•High in beta-sitosterol, avocados lower bad cholesterol by 22%, raises good cholesterol by 11% and also lowers blood triglycerides by 20%.
•Studies show high oleic acid prevents breast cancer, inhibits tumor growth in prostate cancer and seeks out precancerous and oral cancer cells and destroys them.
•Avocados are high in fiber and will help you feel fuller longer, potentially helping with weight loss. High fiber helps metabolic health and steadies blood sugar.
•Avocado extract paired with soybean oil can reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
•Pholyphenols and flavonoids within avocados have anti inflammatory properties.
•Avocados cleanse the intestines, relieving bad breath.
•Avocado oil greatly nourishes the skin and is a beneficial treatment for psoriasis and other skin irritations.
•Avocados contain an antioxidant called glutathione that prevents heart disease, cancer and slows the signs of aging.
•Glutathione also fights free radicals.
Our blood and cells carry oxygen all throughout our bodies. When we are exposed to environmental pollutants, these toxins change the oxygen in our mitochondria into free radicals, destroying our cells and DNA. This damage creates chronic illnesses. Researchers from the Federation of American Society for Experimental Biology have found glutathione in avocados can be absorbed into our mitochondria and then neutralize the free radicals.
Source: Living Traditionally via Idealist4ever
- Here’s What Happens To Your Body If You Eat Ginger Every Day
- This is What Happens to Your Body When You Eat 3 Bananas a Day
- See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On an Empty Stomach
- Complete Guide To Essential Oils (How to Use & Buy)
- 107 Everyday Uses for Coconut Oil
- Scientific Study Finds Eating Coconut Oil Daily Leads to Reduction in Waist Size
- The Cure to Fibromyalgia Your Doctor Doesn’t Want You To Know
- Mix Two Ingredients Before Bed And Never Wake Up Tired Again...
- Top 12 Super Foods that Improve Your Digestion
- A Recipe For Fat Flush Water (It Literally Flushes Fat)
- 11 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
- This Is What Happens When You Drink Water Right After You Get Out Of Bed
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- This Is Why You Should Never Throw Away The Used Tea Bags Again
- Here’s How To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins In 3 Weeks. You Only Need 2 Things!
- 36 Foods That Help Detox and Cleanse Your Entire Body
- 21 Health Tricks To Teach Your Body
- 19 Super Foods That Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- After Reading This, You’ll Never Look at a Banana in the Same Way Again
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus
- 5 Food-Medicines That Could Quite Possibly Save Your Life
- Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
- One Injection Reverses Diabetes Symptoms Without Side Effects
- Science Confirms Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs