Entire Neighbourhood Secretly Learns Sign Language To Surprise Deaf Neighbor
The neighborhood of Bağcılar, Istanbul in Turkey learned sign language as a surprise for one young adult who is hearing-impaired.
Muharrem, is a regular guy with hearing loss who communicates through sign language. But on this particular day, when he and his sister went around town, he noticed something different.
The ad was designed to raise awareness about Samsung’s new call center for the deaf and hard-of-hearing in Turkey. It’s nice to see advertisements that can both raise awareness and make the world a better place.
Watch the video at the end of this article!
Muharrem’s neighbors spent a month secretly learning sign language
Hidden cameras were placed throughout his neighborhood
One day, Muharrem, a deaf man living in Istanbul, and his sister Ozlem headed out for a walk…
…and were greeted with an unexpected “good morning” – in sign language!
The local baker was in on it too, offering bagels in sign language
This man at the grocer’s dropped his oranges and when Muharrem and Ozlem picked them up for him…
…He offers them each an apple - in sign language
Muharrem’s confused – why is everyone signing?
Et tu, taxi driver?
This man is confused, but his sister knows what’s up
As they head to the town square, the team prepares for the finale
He’s surrounded by his signing neighbors!
His reaction says it all!
This goes to show how important it is to break down communication barriers…
…and how meaningful that can be for people who experience those barriers every day
Sources: Pulptastic, Yahoo, Bored Panda via The Open Mind
- Turkish couple drops wedding banquet to feed 4,000 Syrian refugees
- Russian military reveals details of ISIS-Turkey oil smuggling - ISIS oil business involves Erdogan & his family
- Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey's President
- ‘They know how it’s done’: Turkey violated Greek airspace 2,244 times in 2014 alone
- ISIS survives largely because Turkey allows it to: the evidence
- The Recognition Of The Genocides As The Beginning Of Justice Against The Crimes Against Humanity
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: The First Genocide Of The 20th Century
- One Year After Murder Of Journalist Who Had Revealed ISIS-Turkey-US Link, MSM, WH Silent [Video]
- She had the time of her life on a Tinder date. Until she received a shattering text. Her reaction has gone viral.
- A Waitress Doodled On A Receipt, She Opened Facebook 2 Hours Later And Almost Fainted
Entire Neighbourhood Secretly Learns Sign Language To Surprise Deaf Neighbor Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 5:07 AM Rating: