Are You A Slave To The System? This Haunting Cartoon Might Cause You To Think Twice
This short-film shows how the modern-day world has become more focused upon ‘things’ rather than ‘people’, and in effect allowed an extreme amount of dehumanization to become norm.
In this sobering cartoon, the world of work in our society is addressed. With zero commentary, it is shown how people live day-to-day stuck in their formed habits and routines, using each other to accomplish tasks like mechanical functions.
People become ‘things’, such as support for clothes, a taxi, or a signal for traffic.
The film features a cartoon man’s daily routine as he goes to his place of employment. He wakes up, shaves, grabs his sweater, and crosses the city. When he arrives at his workplace to begin his job, he – and all other workers – seem far from enlightened and inspired to participate in their duties.
And as such, as soon as the man reaches his workspace, he lays down flat and begins to function as a doormat for people to trample upon.
What is this cartoon seeking to convey?
That in our modern-day world where people are more focused upon ‘things’ rather than ‘people’, an extreme amount of dehumanization has become norm. In order to obtain dominion over others, individuals have isolated themselves from their peers, perceiving them to be inanimate objects. In doing so, they have in effect alienated themselves from their own human condition.
Obviously the video may be interpreted in a variety of ways, but this author believes it is imperative to take from the haunting film the lesson to re-align ourselves with the world we live in, as well as those we share it with.
You are not meant to be a slave to the system. Working a 9-5 day job you hate, to fuel a capitalist society which contributes to global degeneration through unsustainable habits, to pay off a list of debts accumulated to sustain such lifestyle, to live in isolation use others to ‘get ahead’ is opposite of what the human spirit craves.
What are your thoughts? Share in the comments section below.
Source: True Activist via Idealist Revolution
- Pope Calls on World Youth to Rise Up Against Global Capitalism
- Two Cows Explain The World Economy Better Than Any Professor
- This Guy Just Explained Capitalism Absolutely Perfectly
- OECD: Germans are the laziest people in Europe. What about Greeks? (chart)
- Shocking Confession: "Crisis Has Led To 10.000 Suicides. The Last One Was My Son's" (Video)
- UN experts welcome Greek referendum, condemn IMF, EU and call for international solidarity
- Watch What The Spanish People Did For Greece!
- DEBTOCRACY International Version (Documentary)
- CATASTROIKA Privatization goes public (Documentary)
- 18 CEOs Called Out By Bernie Sanders For Taking Trillions In Bailouts, Evading Taxes, and Outsourcing Jobs
- These 10 Corporations Control Almost Everything You Buy
- The Corporation (2003) Award-winning Documentary
- The Money Masters (Documentary): How Banks Create Money Out Of Thin Air
- The American Dream - The Story of Your Enslavement
- Apologies Of An Economic Hitman (Documentary)
Are You A Slave To The System? This Haunting Cartoon Might Cause You To Think Twice Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 11:08 AM Rating: