The Ooho! orbs will replace toxic plastic!
Though they might look like something from a futuristic movie, the globs have a purpose, to battle the worldwide epidemic of plastic pollution.
According to this award website: Ooho!’s nomination.
When we drink bottled water we throw away plastic, [and] 80% of the bottles are not recycled….. Ooho! uses the culinary technique of sphereification, the water is encapsulated in a double gelatinous membrane. The technique consist into apply sodium alginate (E-401) from the brown algae and calcium chloride (E-509) in a concrete proportions in order to generate a gelification on the exterior of the liquid. The final package is simple, cheap (2ct/unit), resistant, hygienic, biodegradable and even eatable. Ooho! is licensed as creative commons so everyone could make them at their kitchen, modifying and innovating the “recipe.”
Source: True Activist
- A Billboard That Creates Drinkable Water Out of Thin Air!
- This Simple & Affordable Technology Is Going To Make History: Meet The LifeStraw
- New Invention Makes Ocean Water Drinkable
- Amazing Water Purification Technology Could Save Millions of Lives
- Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized
- You Need To Know This Before Buying Bottled Water Again
- Watch These Zambian Children Getting Clean Water For The First Time. Their Reaction Will Humble You.
- 15 Facts Most People Don’t Know About Fluoride
- A Recipe For Fat Flush Water (It Literally Flushes Fat)
- Cleanse Your Lungs With Honey-Water
- This Is What Happens When You Drink Water Right After You Get Out Of Bed
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick