Two men play tennis on the wings of a bi-plane, c.1920
Women window cleaners working in London, ca. 1917.
vintageeveryday, via kollektivtudattalan
Child soldiers taking a smoke break, Angola (1976).
Lenin and Stalin at Gorki, just outside Moscow. September 1922
Police officer guarding a pharmacy in high-flood waters, Ontario, 1974
Soviet Premier Khrushchev and first Indonesian President Sueharto share a smoke, 1960
This stunning ancient Greek floor mosaic was just excavated in southern Turkey, near the Syrian border.
Some of the best vintage pictures from history feature animals acting as intelligent as humans.
Paul Overby, one of two drivers trapped in the cab of a truck, is pulled to safety by a rope on the Pit River Bridge, over Shasta Lake, CA, 3 May 1953
Crete. 1967. Shepherd at market.”A Greek Portfolio”
Robert Capa, Warsaw, Poland, October 1948.
flashofgod, via matyokaland
Albert Camus dancing
Adolf Hitler’s 4th grade class, 1899. The fuhrer-to-be can be seen top row, dead center
Window Cleaners Cleaning High Rise on Madison Avenue. 1957
The commandant of the Civil Defense Technical Training Centre in Quebec demonstrates the effect of an atomic bomb exploding over a city
soccertronix, via lediledikcc
gombahuszar, via vakkomondor
Smoking in the Tour De France, 1920’s
Cairo street sweeper, c.a. 1919
The pet fawn of Brad Curry of Galesburg, Michigan, watches him depart from home every morning on his schoolbus, 1960
Coca Cola comes to France 1950
Japanese Archers circa 1860.
“Stern Realities”, a photograph Sutcliffe took circa 1890 in England.
Italian cyclist Gino Sciardis getting his bike lubricated during the 1949 Tour de France.
People walking on the chairs at the Maisons-Laffitte racecourse to escape the river Seine flood. Paris. 1924.
Joseph Ambrose, an 86-year-old World War I veteran, watches the dedication day parade for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. He is holding the flag that covered the casket of his son, who was killed in the Korean War, 11/13/1982
Last public execution in USA, 1936
Steps to Montmartre, 1947
Miss Alice Reighly, President of the Anti Flirt Club Washington DC c.1923
maudelynn.tumblr.com , via prolidepp
Russian street musician playing an accordion
historicaltimes, via krulos
US Government mockups of how Hitler could have disguised himself.
In the Casbah district, French troops stand guard, always on the lookout for possible riots. Algiers, 1960.
1909 Georgia. Macon. Willingham Cotton Mill Boys
1902 Illinois. Chicago. Messenger Boys Strike
Cannibalism during the Russian famine of 1921.
“11:00 A. M . Monday, May 9th, 1910. Newsies at Skeeter’s Branch, Jefferson near Franklin. They were all smoking. Location: St. Louis, Missouri." - Lewis Hine, photographer.
National Child Labor Committee Collection, Library of Congress
- You Need To See These 40 Unbelievable Historical Photos
- 28 Realistically Colorized Historical Photos Make the Past Seem Incredibly Alive
- 20+ Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 52 Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever
- 46 Unbelievable Photos That Will Shock You
- 40 Must-See Photos From The Past
- 40 Animals You May Not Have Known Existed
- Workspaces Of Some Of The Greatest Artists Of The World (38 Pictures)
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 25 Photos Of People Who Will Inspire You
- 24 Rare Historical Photos That Will Leave You Speechless
- Unbelievable...These 23 Mind Blowing Facts Will DESTROY Your Understanding Of Time
- Stunning Photographs Of The World's Last Indigenous Tribes
- These 22 People From Around The World Will Leave You Speechless
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- 18 Pictures of Shaolin Monks Training
- 16 Children & Their Bedrooms From Around the World…
- Rarest Historical Photos, That you can Never Forget.
- The 10 Most Famous Personalities Of The Last 6,000 Years
- The man who stopped World War III
- Which dictator killed the most People?