10 Reasons Why Creative People Are Different
Creative people are different and that's great. They tend to think and act in a different way than all of the others. Creativity works in mysterious and often paradoxical ways. There’s something amazing and irresistible about them, somehow they can see the world from another perspective, and the things they do, the decisions they make are just different than what the rest of the people would usually do. The following 10 habits of creative people can prove their need to stand out from the crowd.
1. They get inspired when least expected.
Artistic people know they can’t decide when their next big idea will come. Sure they can have many great ideas, but they really don’t know when their greatest idea will come. It just will, in the least expected way, at the least expected moment.
2. They daydream a lot.
Creative types know, despite what their third-grade teachers may have said, that daydreaming is anything but a waste of time. Mind-wandering can aid in the process of creative incubation and of course, many of us know from experience that our best ideas come seemingly out of the blue when our minds are elsewhere. Daydreaming can lead to sudden connections and insights because it's related to our ability to recall information in the face of distractions. Neuroscientists have also found that daydreaming involves the same brain processes associated with imagination and creativity.
3. They have a great deal of physical energy, but they're also often quiet and at rest.
They work long hours, with great concentration, while projecting an aura of freshness and enthusiasm.
4. They tend to be smart yet naive at the same time.
Studies have shown that highly creative people are highly intelligent but highly intelligent people are not always creative. The fact that highly creative people have a higher correlation with intelligence than vice versa suggests creativity is simply a higher form of intelligence. However, creative people are also free spirits. This makes them seem naive sometimes, but in a good way. In fact they're innocent and careless.
5. They take risks.
This one is closely linked to creative collaboration, since it’s just as much about getting out of your comfort zone. But it can extend beyond the creative process, and into the details of your daily life. One of the most famous examples of this is Albert Einstein, an avid sailor who didn’t know how to swim. Of course, you don’t need to actually put your life in danger to reap these benefits. If you’re living fearlessly, you’re likely to create fearlessly.
6. They have a mind that never slows down.
The creative mind is a non-stop machine fueled by intense curiosity. There is no pause button and no way to power it down. This can be exhausting at times but it is also the source of some crazy fun activities and conversations.
7. Their minds are always afoot.
A creative mind is curiosity unhinged. Once given the chance to see the difference in something, their minds won’t stop until every possible outcome unveils itself. Curiosity can be very exhausting but can also be the fire starter for an amazing idea.
8. They have their own personal view for the world.
They tend to see and react to things differently and they even tend to get excited over things other people find worthless. For example, many photographers choose extraordinary subjects to photograph, like insects or fallen leaves or forks etc.
9. They're always seeking perfection.
You will not believe the number of hours we waste getting that project just right. Even a pixel out of place is nerve wracking for us. When we deliver something to you, you can be certain that we considered virtually every single possibility that you are going to suggest.
10. They see the world differently than most.
At the same time, creative people are willing to share what they see and how they interpret it with the rest of the world. To them, the world has more meaning, more intricacies, more complexity and more possibility than it does for the average person. Creative people believe in the possibility of the impossible because they understand you never really know anything for sure. They see the world filled with endless possibility — and they want to leave their marks. They want to add to the beautiful work of art life already is.
- 15 Facts About Creative People
- 19 qualities of creative people
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- Emotional Intelligence: Is It More Important than your IQ?
- Social Anxiety May Be Associated with High IQ and Empathetic Ability>
- 15 Things Only Highly Sensitive People Do
- Alone Isn’t Lonely: 10 Signs You’re Perfectly Happy With Solitude
- 25 traits of mentally strong people
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 7 lies that prevent you from succeeding in life
- Even the smartest people forget these 7 basic truths
- 7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 15 Things Highly Confident People Don’t Do
- 20 Signs It’s Time To Let Go & Move On
- 25 Signs You’re Succeeding At Life (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- 29 Signs You’re Doing Just Fine (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- The Effect Of Positive Emotions On Our Health
- 11 Ways to Live a Happier Life, According to a Psychologist (Hint: These have nothing to do with money!)
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 6 Signs You Are Actually Maturing, Not Just Aging
- 7 Ways to Better Listen to Your Intuition
- 8 Ways To Take Control Back Over Your Mind
- 15 Tips For Empaths And Highly Sensitive People
- 21 Habits of Happy People
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
10 Reasons Why Creative People Are Different Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:26 AM Rating: