There's a space in your joints filled with synovial fluid, a liquid that reduces the friction in your joints when you move. It contains gases (oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide).
When you pop a joint, you stretch out that space between the bones. That expanding space creates negative pressure, like a vacuum, that sucks in the synovial fluid. It forms bubbles, which then collapse, and that's what you hear.
Source: Vox via ScienceDump
- Here’s What Happens if You Massage This Point On The Ear
- What does your Acne reveal about your health
- How to Clear a Stuffy Nose in 1 Minute
- What Does Your Tongue Say About Your State Of Health?
- How To Recognize Skin Cancer – This Could Save Your Life!
- How To Stop A Migraine Instantly
- Did You Know What Your Fingernails Can Say About Your Health?
- How To Detox Your Lungs After You Quit Smoking
- Natural Way To Clear Your Lungs Of Nicotine, Tar, And Nasty Tobacco Byproducts
- Science: Your Eye Color Reveals A Lot About You
- Here’s How To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins In 3 Weeks. You Only Need 2 Things!
- 36 Foods That Help Detox and Cleanse Your Entire Body
- 19 Super Foods That Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- How To Fix Common Body Problems By Sleeping In The Right Position
- Napping can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More
- Alternative Sleep Cycles: 7-10 Hours Are Not Needed
- 6 Bad Postures That Are Ruining Your Health & How To Correct Them
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus
- 5 Food-Medicines That Could Quite Possibly Save Your Life
- Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
- 11 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
- One Injection Reverses Diabetes Symptoms Without Side Effects
- Science Confirms Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs
- The Man Who Defied Odds, Turned Down Chemotherapy and Drugs and Outlived All His Doctors