Shocking Effects Of Deforestation Exposed In Brutal Print Ads
These images are gruesome and brutal, but they have to be shown because of their important message – they raise awareness of the often unseen casualties of deforestation around the world. Creative and art director Ganesh Prasad Acharya, together with copywriter Kaushik Katty Roy, created these social ads for Sanctuary Asia, one of the first and greatest environmental news magazines in India.
The slogan on these ads, “When the wood go, wildlife goes” drives home the point made by these macabre images – when you cut down habitats, you might as well kill the animals that live there as well. Rainforests contain as much as 80% of the world’s biodiversity, so their rapid destruction in South America and Asia is a serious problem.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
Sources: Ads Of The World (h/t: Design Taxi, Adeevee), Bored Panda
- 28 Pieces Of Street Art That Cleverly Interact With Their Surroundings
- This Indian Man Planted an Entire Forest by Hand
- How India is Creating 300,000 Jobs AND Planting 2 Billion More Trees
- Everything Wrong With Humanity, In A Short Animated Film
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- The Earth is a Sentient Living Organism
- Earth is Alive! Beautiful... Finite... Hurting... Worth Dying for!
- Bolivia Gives Legal Rights To The Earth
- This Film Should Be Seen By The Entire World!
- 4 Minutes That Will Change Your Life
- Possibly the Most Eye Opening 6 Minutes Ever on Film
- Gray whale dies bringing us a message — with stomach full of plastic trash
- Models of Sustainability: Sweden Runs Out of Garbage
- Germany’s first waste-free supermarket about to open its doors
- This City Aims to Be “Car Free” in 20 Years
- 14 Ways To Live An Awesome Earth Friendly Lifestyle!
- Palestinian Woman Plants Flowers In Israeli Army Tear Gas Grenades
- 19 year old Develops Ocean Cleanup Array That Could Remove 7,250,000 Tons Of Plastic From Oceans
- Floating Seawer Skyscraper Rids The World’s Oceans Of Plastic While Generating Clean Energy
- Paradise or Oblivion (Documentary) - The Venus Project
Shocking Effects Of Deforestation Exposed In Brutal Print Ads Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 5:06 AM Rating: