Did you know that we are exposed to 82,000 different toxins, chemically-based products and processed foods in our environment weekly?
Detoxification is the body’s natural, ongoing process of eliminating harmful toxins from the body so that it can function at its best. Toxins are man-made chemicals found in the air, water, food, household cleaners and cosmetic products as well as waste products produced by normal cellular activity.
When toxins enter the body through the skin, nasal passage or mouth, the body prevents “pollution” by surrounding the toxins with fat and water and stores them in different areas of the body. This can put a strain on our body’s own detox system (the liver, intestines, kidneys, lungs, skin, blood and lymphatic systems). These systems can become burdened as they try to safely excrete toxins.
Our bodies were not meant to work this hard to maintain optimal functioning. By adding a detox program to your wellness regimen, you can help pull these toxins, along with the excess fat and water, out of the body and improve your health quickly.
The Lymphatic System: Forgotten Hero
The lymphatic system is the most forgotten and least understood system in the body. It is critical to the detoxification process. The lymph travels parallel with the blood system and is responsible for the removal of wastes from every cell in the body, in addition to regulating the immune system. The lymph is thus a very important system to support optimal health.
Keep Your Body’s Drains Clean
The lymphatic system is like the garbage system of the body. Proper functioning of the lymphatic system is essential in order to properly eliminate wastes. Our lymphatic system can become and remain congested and stagnant for many years. Thus, we often live in an environment of toxins that weakens our immunity. Proper lymph drainage will eliminate these toxins and assist the body to function optimally.
Digestion: Where It All Begins
The body’s ability to detox starts in digestive system, in the villae of the small intestine. The “lacteals” in the villae are part of the lymphatic system and they pull nutrients and fat-soluble toxins off the intestinal wall. If the gut is constipated or there is excessive reactive mucus bogging down the villi, the lymph and its white blood cells may not provide immunity or detoxification.
The highest concentration of lymph is found lining the outside of the gut wall and is called the Gut Associated Lymphoid Tissue (GALT). The skin of the intestinal tract is constantly being exposed to toxins and undesirable microbes that could present a problem. So, the body has an immunity army waiting in the GALT just across the wall of the gut.
Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)
Lymph vessels are also found under our skin throughout the body. These vessels support circulation, drainage of waste and immunity. When the lymph flow slows, the skin will appear dull and toxins will build up.
Since the lymph moves against gravity, it is common for the lymph and veins to congest, yielding an unsightly appearance in the feet, legs, thighs, hips, belly and arms.
Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a gentle rhythmical technique that gently works on the lymphatic vessels to enhance the flow of lymph throughout the body’s tissues.
MLD also helps to support the healthy function of the immune system and the autonomic nervous system, thereby reducing stress. The therapy cleanses the connective tissue of wastes, thus decongesting and reducing edema, pain and swelling.
Benefits of Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy
• Faster recovery and less scarring from surgery and other types of trauma by making lymph flow faster and stimulating the formation of new connections between lymph vessels
• Clears congestive conditions such as chronic sinusitis, bronchitis, acne, and headaches
• Strengthens the immune system
• Relieves heaviness tightness and swelling in those suffering from lymphedema.
• Increases overall relaxation by decreasing stress
• Relieves retention of fluids during pregnancy and menstrual cycle
• Decreases local edemas and hematomas from orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery scars, and burn scars; leading to a decreased in healing time and increase in client mobility
• People who suffer from insomnia, stress, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatism benefit greatly from MLD
Sources: Natural News, World Truth via EndoRIOT
- Here’s How To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins In 3 Weeks. You Only Need 2 Things!
- 36 Foods That Help Detox and Cleanse Your Entire Body
- 19 Super Foods That Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- How To Detox Your Lungs After You Quit Smoking
- Natural Way To Clear Your Lungs Of Nicotine, Tar, And Nasty Tobacco Byproducts
- How to lose 10 pounds in 10 days
- A Recipe For Fat Flush Water (It Literally Flushes Fat)
- This Is What Happens When You Drink Water Right After You Get Out Of Bed
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On an Empty Stomach
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus
- 5 Food-Medicines That Could Quite Possibly Save Your Life
- Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
- 11 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
- One Injection Reverses Diabetes Symptoms Without Side Effects
- Science Confirms Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs
- The Man Who Defied Odds, Turned Down Chemotherapy and Drugs and Outlived All His Doctors
- What does your Acne reveal about your health
- How to Clear a Stuffy Nose in 1 Minute
- What Does Your Tongue Say About Your State Of Health?
- How To Recognize Skin Cancer – This Could Save Your Life!
- How To Stop A Migraine Instantly
- Did You Know What Your Fingernails Can Say About Your Health?
- Science: Your Eye Color Reveals A Lot About You
- How To Fix Common Body Problems By Sleeping In The Right Position
- Napping can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More
- 6 Bad Postures That Are Ruining Your Health & How To Correct Them
- Food Matters. You are What you Eat!