NFL Star Quits Football To Build Free Farm And Feed Hungry People
NFL star Jason Brown has quit playing football professionally, and now spends his days as a farmer, who harvests free food for the hungry.
Jason Brown was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth round of the 2005 NFL Draft, and played college football at North Carolina.
On February 28, 2009, Brown signed a five-year deal with the St. Louis Rams that was worth $37.5 million, and included a $20 million guarantee.
At the time, the deal made Brown the highest paid center in the NFL. On March 12, 2012, he was released by the Rams and decided to take a new direction in his life.
After he left football, Brown purchased a 1,030 acre farm near Louisburg, N.C, where he harvests food for the hungry.
Last weekend, Brown gave away 46,000 pounds of sweet potatoes, in addition to the 10,000 pounds of cucumbers that he has already given away.
“You look over a sweet potato field and you don’t see a crop, the vines are kind of wilting. There is nothing there to pick. You’ve got to have faith. I went out to plow up the potatoes last week and looked behind the tractor. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything quite as beautiful as those big brown potatoes lying everywhere,” Brown told a local journalist.
Source: True Activist
- What This Cop Did When The Cameras Weren't Rolling Is UNBELIEVABLE!
- Is It Really Money That Motivates Us? The Science Will Surprise You! (VIDEO)
- What Would You Like To Do, If Money Was No Object?
- Why The World’s Second Richest Man Wants You To Work Less
- Sweden introduces a SIX-HOUR working day in bid to reduce sick leave, boost efficiency and make staff happier
- 11 Ways to Live a Happier Life, According to a Psychologist (Hint: These have nothing to do with money!)
- World's 100 Richest earned enough in 2012 to End Global Poverty 4 Times over
- The Money Masters (Documentary): How Banks Create Money Out Of Thin Air
- The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind (Debt Ceiling Truth)
- Wealth Inequality - The Actual Distributions of Money
- President Of Uruguay, Donates 90% Of Salary To Charity
- The Man Who Lives Without Money
- A man in debt demolishes his house and drops it in front of the bank
- Man Who Got Ticketed For Not Riding In Bike Lane, Films Himself Smashing Into Things In Bike Lanes
- John Lennon's "Imagine", made into a beautiful comic.
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
NFL Star Quits Football To Build Free Farm And Feed Hungry People Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 11:14 AM Rating: