7 things to make instead of buying
We live in a world where we can find anything we need on the shelves in the nearest supermarket. Yes, it is that easy but is it best for us? Are the products we are being offered all the time through commercials, billboards and magazines worth our money and most importantly, are they good for our health? Can we be 100% sure of their origins, of their purity, ingredients and nutrition labeling? The good news is that there is a better way to do things- why don’t we start slowly replacing bought foods and other products with homemade alternatives? It not only saves money but also is a safer and healthier way to take care of yourself and the ones you love. Here are several ideas you can try out at home.
Make-up and skin care products
We all know that most make-up and skin care products that we are being offered all the time contain different chemicals, parabens and perfumes that are actually not so good for us. Moreover, many world famous brands test their products on animals. That is an important issue that we have to bear in mind when choosing the next body lotion or nighttime face moisturizer. But don’t limit yourself by only what the market is offering you. Make yourself your favorite beauty products using only several natural and harmless ingredients.
- The kitchen spa
- 8 hair care treatments you can make yourself
- Making soap: 5 tips for homemade soap
- Make your own natural body lotion
- Make your own eco bubble bath
- Ravishing Rosemary Hair Conditioner
- Green chai facial toner recipe
Fruits and vegetables
With the rising concern of people of the way fruits and vegetables are treated by the big companies nowadays, producing your own sounds like a better idea than buying ones from the supermarket. This way you will be sure that you are eating real organic food that won’t harm your health or the environment the way big companies’ produce does.
If you and your relatives are consuming canned or instant meals on a daily basis, you should consider replacing them with better alternatives. Processed foods contain different ingredients that are bad for your health and unnecessary for your body because they have almost no nutrition at all and sometimes a lot of calories. Try out these foods instead.
- Homemade peanut butter
- Garden fresh pasta sauce
- Fresh salsa
- Baby Food
- Granola bars
- Cream-Based Ice Cream
- Homemade Jam or Jelly
- Oven-fried Potato Chips
- Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
Toys for kids
The toy trends nowadays include a complex variety of instructions for use and many tiny metal or plastic parts that are not safe for children. Most of the kids’ favorite toys are actually pretty simple and basic. Why not learn how to craft brand new safe toys for your children to play with?
- Make your own watercolors
- Make your own eco-dough
- How to Make Playdough (Play-doh)
- How to Make a Hula Hoop
- Food-Coloring Crayons
If you enjoy the taste of the occasional glass of wine or can of beer, why not consider producing your own? The process of producing homemade beverages has its challenges as well as its fun parts. You will be able to try out different flavors and find your favorite one to stick to. Another advantage of making your own alcoholic beverages is that you know exactly what you put in them, while when you buy beer and wine from the store you will never be completely sure about their origin and ingredients or added artificial flavors.
Every household has cleaning products that may not seem like a lot of trouble but most of them contain toxic ingredients that you may not know about. The good news is that you can easily make your own cleaning weapons for your home using several main ingredients that can be found in every kitchen: olive oil, backing soda and vinegar.
- Make your own housecleaning products
- Homemade pet shampoo
- Make your own disinfectant spray
- It’s easy to make your own laundry starch
- Cheap and natural cleaning alternatives
A great way to surprise someone is to give them a present you have made by yourself. Homemade gifts serve a warmer message to the receiver- they mean that you have put your time and effort into making them happy.
- Homemade holiday gift ideas
- Homemade food gifts
- DIY soy candles
- DIY cardboard jewelry box
- Walnut shell Advent calendar
- Waste-free gifts for mom
Source: I Heart Intelligence
- 20 Genius Hacks That Will Help You Clean Anything You Can Imagine!
- 22 Life Hacks You Really Need To Know
- These 89 Life Hacks Will Make Your Life So Much Easier
- 30 Awesome DIY Projects that You’ve Never Heard of
- Simple DIY: Make A $399 Air Conditioner For About $19
- 7 Survival Tips That Could Save Your Life. #2 Is Awesome!
- Sell Your Crap, Pay Off Your Debt, And Do What You Love! This Makes It All Possible!
- I’ve Seen People Turn Garbage Into Some Cool Stuff. But THIS…. This Is Absolute Brilliance.
- How To Build a 400 Square Foot Solar Powered Off Grid Cabin for $2,000
- This Is The Pallet Emergency Home. It Can Be Built In 1 Day With Only Basic Tools
- A 31 Year Old Was Sick Of Expensive Rent And High Costs. What He Did Took Guts… But Look Inside
- Sick Of Paying Rent? Just Build Your Own Tiny Palace, Like These Guys Did
- How to Build a Solar Heating Panel with Soda Cans
- How to Heal Cavities Naturally
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- Love Ice Cream? Here’s How To Make Your Own Non-Toxic Varieties And Why You Should
- Expand Your Mind In 2014 With These Online Courses (All 100% Free)
- 12 Dozen Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free
- 20 Websites To Help You Learn A New Language
- List of 40 FREE Educational Websites
- Free books: 100 legal sites to download literature
- 135 Self-Education Resources For Lifelong Learners
- 300+ Mind Expanding Documentaries
- How I Learned to Read 300 Percent Faster in 20 Minutes
- Work Less and Do More by Applying the Pareto Principle to Your Task List
7 things to make instead of buying Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:45 PM Rating: