Having goals in life is much more important than you think. If what you do in life - for instance your job or your relationship - doesn't fulfill you, then you might need a reset. Happiness won't come on its own; you need to chase it.
So you need to search for something you really love and something you're really good at. It's not that difficult as you think. You just need to follow these 7 simple steps:
1) Find what excites you the most
It might take only a moment to find what causes you great excitement. If you realize that there is not such excitement into your current life, then you need to search for it. Don't be afraid to change your life. Be afraid of staying the same, without doing what you desire.
2) Your spare time and how you spend it is essential
Pay attention to how you spend your spare time, and what you cry for when you have extra time on your hands. Is it paint, writing, games, music? That's something really important to notice, because they'll help to find the inner you, your inner purpose in life. Many people are here to create art, inspiring media or support other people in simple yet humble ways. The healthy things you are inclined to do are either going to be part of your life-purpose or compliments to it.
3) Don't forget what you loved to do as a kid
Kids are very smart and do all sorts of intelligent, unassuming things. When you were a kid I bet there were a number of fun activities you loved doing. Remember which friends, which toys, which stories did you prefer as a child. Reviving your childhood is one of the best ways to discover your life purpose. Many secrets live in our 5 year old’s curious experience of the world.
4) Search for guidance in your dreams
This is an often overlooked and powerful tool when you are seeking guidance of any kind. But specifically in regard to your life purpose, set a little intention before bedtime. When you wake up, make sure to remember your insights and write them down! This is a very powerful tool.
5) Get busy with everything you want to do
Don't waste your time. There's no such thing as boredom when you've got something good to do. Figure out what you want to do and make a list. Determine want you really want to do from big travel visions to simple tasks and start taking action. Consider the things that you want to do that really help other people, and prioritize it that way.
6) Don't make it too big
You don't need to be famous and rich. The meaning of life is simplier than that. Don’t get hung up on the glitz and glamour of needing to fulfill some outlandish mega-rich role in the world. There are huge unsung heroes creating miracles every day and we need them more than ever. Good things come to people who do good things.
7) Keep going! The discovery process takes time and it might be hard
Don't be so anxious about failing. If you take it too serious then you won't find the courage to rise again. Life is meant to be full of lessons, and lessons mean challenges. If the path is unclear, focus on what is clear right now and do that. That’s all you need to do. People who achieve their goals in this World are the ones who are willing to take it one step further beyond the wall of frustration, because on the other side of that, is a breakthrough.
- What Would You Like To Do, If Money Was No Object?
- This Animation Will Explain To You Plato's Philosophy In Almost 3 Minutes
- 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon
- What If Everything You Were Ever Taught Was A Lie?
- 8 Great Philosophical Questions That We’ll Never Solve
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 6 Signs You Are Actually Maturing, Not Just Aging
- 7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 15 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- 21 Habits of Happy People
- 25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Buddha
- 25 Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
- Ten Choices You Will Regret in 10 Years
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 10 Things You Can Do Every Day To Benefit Your Brain
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- Socrates: The Test Of Three
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.
- You Are Free To Make Choices In Life But You Are Not Free From The Consequences Of Those Choices